I’m ALLL about balance. Balance between school and sports, balance between workout and recovery, and balance between FOOD GROUPS!
Getting a balanced macronutrient meal is always a recipe for success. It ensures that you’re sufficiently fueling your body to operate at its best. But it doesn’t have to be boring! I’m here to tell ya that you can eat pancakes every day if you’re making them with the right ingredients. AKA, these HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA PANCAKES!
1/4 cup oats (blended to a flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a medium sized bowl, mash a banana and whisk in 2 eggs.
- Blend the oats to a flour, then add in to the batter with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-low, then distribute the batter into pancakes.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (but don’t press down with a spatula if you want them to be fluffy!)
- Add any desired toppings.
- For a fluffier pancake, allow the batter to thicken for 5 minutes before cooking, and don’t press down with a spatula!
- Customize them to your liking. You can add vanilla extract, matcha, or some chocolate chips to spice them up.