I love a good dessert. Especially one that’s clean and made with just a handful of ingredients. That’s why I love these No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Oat Bars!
These guys are my current favorite dessert because they hit all my macros (you can find yours using the Perfect Keto macro calculator)! Oats as a source of healthy carbs, vanilla protein powder and almond butter for added protein & healthy fats, and chocolate because…well who doesn’t love chocolate?? Each bite is like a little hint if heaven. No joke!!
These are also extremely easy to make! They don’t require any baking on your part–just stir some ingredients together, put them in a baking dish, pour some melted chocolate over it, and you’re all set. I’m always here for an easy way to satisfy my sweet tooth!
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup vanilla protein
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine all “base” ingredients, then transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (I used a 9 x 9) and store in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips and evenly distribute over the “base” layer.
- Place the dish in the fridge for an hour to set, then remove and slice into squares.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week.
I’m ALLL about balance. Balance between school and sports, balance between workout and recovery, and balance between FOOD GROUPS!
Getting a balanced macronutrient meal is always a recipe for success. It ensures that you’re sufficiently fueling your body to operate at its best. But it doesn’t have to be boring! I’m here to tell ya that you can eat pancakes every day if you’re making them with the right ingredients. AKA, these HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA PANCAKES!
1/4 cup oats (blended to a flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a medium sized bowl, mash a banana and whisk in 2 eggs.
- Blend the oats to a flour, then add in to the batter with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-low, then distribute the batter into pancakes.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (but don’t press down with a spatula if you want them to be fluffy!)
- Add any desired toppings.
- For a fluffier pancake, allow the batter to thicken for 5 minutes before cooking, and don’t press down with a spatula!
- Customize them to your liking. You can add vanilla extract, matcha, or some chocolate chips to spice them up.
I’m an overnight oats addict. I said it, but for good reason! Overnight oats are a quick and easy way to get in all the components necessary for a good breakfast. You can pretty much spice them up with whatever you desire, add protein, nut butter, and *BAM!* you’ve got a balanced meal.
When prepping a breakfast, it’s essential to hit all if the macros for proper fuel. That’s why I supplement the carbs from oatmeal with protein power and nut butter for healthy fat. I’ve found that three of these combined is the ONLY thing that keeps me full for hours at a time. Nothing too crazy or expensive, but it’s a miracle food if ya ask me.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp protein powder
1 tbsp nut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp matcha
In a sealable jar, combine all ingredients.
Store in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, add desired toppings (I did my grain-free granola, coconut, and almond butter)!
Take it to go, OR enjoy it in the comfort of your home. Your choice 😉