Growing up as the only true health enthusiast in my family, I got pretty used to cooking all my meals for myself. I would meal prep on the weekends so I had all my food prepared for breakfast, lunch, snacks, afternoon sports, etc. When I came home, the one thing that I wanted more than anything was some HEALTHY DESSERT (and one that I could whip up FAST)!
And then…drumroll please…the mug cake was born! The easiest way for me to satisfy my sweet tooth without wasting any time at all! Seriously less than 5 minutes to prepare + make and 100% worth every bite. I swear that mug is absolutely magical (and even better when you’re exhausted and hungry). Easiest healthy dessert!
So naturally, I made sure that my mug cake was delicious, yet still completely filled with the good stuff and made out of whole food ingredients only. This mug is gluten free, dairy free (always), refined sugar free, and paleo–aka JUST how I like it 😉 Recipe below!
3 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1-2 tbsp chocolate chips
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, then transfer to a mug (or microwave-safe bowl).
Microwave for 2 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Add more chocolate chips and a drizzle of almond milk.
I love a good dessert. Especially one that’s clean and made with just a handful of ingredients. That’s why I love these No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Oat Bars!
These guys are my current favorite dessert because they have a little bit of everything! oats as a source of healthy carbs, vanilla protein powder and almond butter for added protein & healthy fats, and chocolate because…well who doesn’t love chocolate?? Each bite is like a little hint if heaven. No joke!!
These are also extremely easy to make! They don’t require any baking on your part–just stir some ingredients together, put them in a baking dish, pour some melted chocolate over it, and you’re all set. I’m always here for an easy way to satisfy my sweet tooth!
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup vanilla protein
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine all “base” ingredients, then transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (I used a 9 x 9) and store in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips and evenly distribute over the “base” layer.
- Place the dish in the fridge for an hour to set, then remove and slice into squares.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week.
I’m ALLL about balance. Balance between school and sports, balance between workout and recovery, and balance between FOOD GROUPS!
Getting a balanced macronutrient meal is always a recipe for success. It ensures that you’re sufficiently fueling your body to operate at its best. But it doesn’t have to be boring! I’m here to tell ya that you can eat pancakes every day if you’re making them with the right ingredients. AKA, these HEALTHY OATMEAL BANANA PANCAKES!
1/4 cup oats (blended to a flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a medium sized bowl, mash a banana and whisk in 2 eggs.
- Blend the oats to a flour, then add in to the batter with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-low, then distribute the batter into pancakes.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (but don’t press down with a spatula if you want them to be fluffy!)
- Add any desired toppings.
- For a fluffier pancake, allow the batter to thicken for 5 minutes before cooking, and don’t press down with a spatula!
- Customize them to your liking. You can add vanilla extract, matcha, or some chocolate chips to spice them up.
What happens when you’re dying for a loaf of banana bread, but don’t have bananas? Well, if you’re me, you make this DELICIOUS pumpkin bread out of paleo, whole ingredients. This guy came out if the oven super soft, gooey, and heavenly. Definitely my best baked good to date!
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cashew butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
In two bowls, combine wet and dry ingredients, then pour one into the other and fold.
Add in chocolate chips, slivered almonds, and any other desired add-ins, then transfer to a 9″ x 5″ baking tin.
Bake at 350F for ~60 minutes.
Slice and store this loaf in the fridge for up to week!